1. Remove the trays and brackets from the box.
2. Slide the brackets onto your spit rod making sure that the pins are facing each other. Then take the rod with the brackets and one of the trays out to your grill.
3. With the spit rod installed on your grill, place the tray on one of the bottom bracket pins, on one side and then the other. This will give you an idea of where the Rib-O-Lator will positioned on your grill. TIP: The Rib-O-Lator does not have to be centered in the middle, you can put it towards one end or the other if you prefer. This works well if you have a large grill because you can leave some grilling area at one end.
4. When you decide on its location tighten ONE of the brackets to the rod.
5. Now remove the rod and set it on table or other flat surface.
6. Start adding trays onto the brackets — bottom trays first, then the two tops ones.
7. Adjust the loose bracket in and out as needed on the trays so that the trays are about in the middle of the pins. Then tighten the loose bracket securely. Both brackets should now be fastened to the rod.
8. Pick the whole assembly up and insert into your grill.
9. With the heat off, turn on the motor for a couple revolutions to be sure The Rib-O-Lator is clearing in all directions. Then try it with the lid close. If it rotates freely, you’re good to go! Load it up with food and start Rib-O-Lating!
NOTE: Be sure that no food overhangs the sides of the trays. Go to Will it Fit My Grill to see a video of how to load the trays.